miércoles, 8 de enero de 2014

Poetry Recital - Food

     As we're going to start a unit about food I've selected these three poems so that you can practice in class with me or at home for... our Little recital in English! Are you ready? It's going to be fun! These poems are included in three books I love. You can buy them on the internet and they are not very expensive. You will be able to read lots of funny poems!!


      Here's a couple of websites where you can buy books in English at a very reasonable price.

http://www.bookdepository.com/
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/

PETER, PETER, PIZZA EATER
by  Bruce Lansky

Peter, Peter, pizza-eater,
How I wish that you were neater.
Half the pizza’s on your shirt.
Clean the mess, or no dessert. 

  
SING A SONG OF SIX CENTS
by Bruce Lansky

Sing a song of six cents,
I wish that I could buy
A candy bar, some bubble gum,
A slice of apple pie.
I’d like a can of cola.
I’d like an ice-cream cone.
There’s six cents in my piggy bank—
I’ll have to get a loan. 




These two poems are included in the book PETER, PETER, PIZZA-EATER and other silly rhymes.




MY LUNCH
by Kenn Nesbitt

A candy bar.
A piece of cake.
A lollipop.
A chocolate shake.
A jelly donut.
Chocolate chips.
Some gummi worms
and licorice whips.
 
A candy cane.
A lemon drop.
Some bubblegum
and soda pop.
Vanilla wafers.
Cherry punch.
(My mom slept in
while I made lunch.)
 



 This poem is included in the book REVENGE OF THE LUNCH LADIES.


 ENJOY!!





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario